Pacific International Marketing (Pacific) is a growing leader in the fresh produce industry. We are involved in the growing, packing, shipping and processing of more than one hundred different commodities. We offer a complete line of conventional and organic produce, including value-added products.
The Quality Control (Field and Cooler) is responsible for inspecting incoming and stored products to ensure they meet set standards. This position will provide detailed reports of fresh produce and communicate findings with sales and operations personnel.
Position is based out of Santa Maria, CA, and reports to regional supervisors. Minimum work schedule includes….. Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for monitoring cooler product temperatures.
- Document daily quality and pack.
- Communicate quality results of field pack product, directly to Sales staff, and Regionals Harvest Supervisor.
- Inspect incoming and stored products to ensure they meet internal and external specifications.
- Assist in cooler food safety inspections, audits, and testing.
- 1+ years of Quality control experience in the produce industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of produce inventory management. (FAMOUS AND CITRIX)
- Knowledge of PTI Barcode scanning, is preferred but not necessary.
- Experience in packing processes.
- Organized, motivated, detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Can work independently as well as within a team
- Must have general knowledge of the fresh produce industry
- Intermediate Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exposure to cold environments.
- Physical effort required (ability to move 50lbs. from one area to another).
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Serious applicants should forward cover letter, resume, and requirements via email. Pacific International Vegetable Marketing, Inc. P.O. Box 3737, Salinas, CA 93912
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.