Warehouse Manager Night
We are a wholesale foodservice distributor of high quality fruits and vegetables to South Florida customers. We take pride in our knowledge, experience, attention to detail and strong customer service. We have an immediate need for dependable, experienced, service oriented Night Time Warehouse Manager. PRODUCE INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
We are looking for a highly motivated, ethical, and responsible employee to join our staff as a Night Time Warehouse Manager. We are searching for candidates with a good understanding of warehouse logistics, management experience, and proficiency in software. This position requires a strong attention to detail in regards to monitoring orders, employees, and planning warehouse activities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assure that the warehouse is operating to enhance service, safety and quality measures.
- Work with Drivers to get them the help and produce needed to put up their orders and ensure they leave the warehouse on time to start their deliveries
- Review selected customer orders for quality and accuracy
- Work with night shift Buyer and Inventory Control Manager to develop, build and support Inventory Control & Warehouse systems and processes
- Train new warehouse personnel on safety & quality standards
- Conduct Weekly Warehouse Safety meetings
- Schedule drivers and warehouse personnel, manage payroll and control overtime costs
- Effectively manage warehouse costs to budget
- Field customer calls as needed and work to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Manage Fleet and Warehouse Maintenance Manager to assure that company machines, vehicles, systems, and supplies are consistently maintained and properly in place for employee use.
- Communicate with sales team, customer service team and management staff to properly execute company orders, requests, and goals.
- Responsible for Warehouse personnel selection, training, performance reviews and progressive discipline process as needed.
- Follow Company Policies and Procedures
- 5+ years of experience with warehouse management
- Solid understanding of warehouse logistics, produce specifications and packaging
- Proven ability to manage a team efficiently and effectively
- Data entry skills and experience with company software
- Understanding of formal shipping and receiving documents
- Excellent communication skills including ability to express well-reasoned independent thought
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- We are only interested in people who are motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- It’s important for this person to have a strong character, and be able to set an example for others.
- Requires a very strong attention to detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.