Join the Stern Family!
Are you passionate about leading people, process improvement, and productivity? Do you have a thorough understanding of distribution management, inventory, and general warehousing? Would you like to be a part of a successful family-owned business that has proudly served the Arizona community for 100 years and people still MATTER? Then join our team as our NIGHT WAREHOUSE MANGER.
Medical Benefits - Dental Benefits - Vision Benefits - 401k - Life Insurance - Vacation Time
We are seeking a Night Warehouse Manager to run the day-to-day operation of our produce warehouse. Our warehouse supervisors are essential to fulfilling our mission of delivering a first-class customer experience and supplying the freshest fruits, vegetables, specialty food products, and meats to our clients. This leader is accountable for all facets of the evening & overnight warehouse processes, as well as motivating and developing the staff members within their department to maintain an efficient & profitable operating unit.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, & Competencies:
Proven track record of success in the following:
- Delivering & maximizing results
- Problem solving & decision making
- Communication & Listening
- Teambuilding & fostering a positive winning culture
- Project management and multi-tasking
- Driving positive change
- Being customer-focused at all times
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Train & supervise night warehouse personnel
- Manage night warehouse achievement-based compensation program
- Develop and implement plans/schedules to efficiently utilize manpower to increase productivity levels.
- Responsible for ensuring that all warehouse personnel adhere to safety protocols and company policies.
- Continually review warehouse procedures, modifying and revising operations to create a more efficient and productive operation.
- Prepare productivity and manpower reports for senior leadership as needed.
- Communicate daily with Site Lead regarding day warehouse responsibilities.
- Responsible for hiring, training, managing and instructing the night warehouse staff.
- Responsible for applying progressive discipline process within the operating units, through department managers and supervisors with the guidance of HR.
- Assist employees, if short staffed, drive forklift, ship trucks, load trucks, pull orders and clean the warehouse.
- Ensure that operating expenses are kept at a minimum (i.e. overtime, etc.)
- Review the inventory and manage all facets of inventory.
- Assist transportation as need with routing and stop sequencing to best meet customer delivery windows while ensuring minimal fleet expense is incurred.
- Communicate to the sales, purchasing, and operations departments any customer-related issues and offer solutions
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of power equipment, including battery charging, pre/post shift inspections etc.
- Responsible for creating daily transfers to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for managing all facets of quality assurance to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for food safety coordination.
- Responsible for clean up at the end of the shift (entire warehouse).
- Communicate with the oncoming manager all information necessary to make a smooth change of shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by COO and Distribution Manager.
- 3-5 years minimum warehouse operations management experience in a mid-size facility.
- Extensive working knowledge of shipping, receiving, fleet, security, and maintenance management.
- Understanding of budget preparation, operational efficiency metrics, and performance data management.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays (as needed).
- Ability to move 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 80 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent bending, stooping and pulling.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Military experience
- Secondary education in appropriate discipline.
- Basic knowledge of produce.
- Fluent Spanish speaker.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.