- Assemble, wire, and functionally test control panels and systems from schematic drawings provided by engineering and direct by supervisor.
- Install control systems at the customer plant.
- Provide technical support to leased equipment to ensure that all equipment and electrical systems are functioning properly and is in good repair.
- Train customers and service personnel on the proper operation of JBT control system.
- Assist the California service team by providing labeling service.
- Implement preventative maintenance and overhaul programs that minimize parts costs, labor costs, and machinery downtime.
- Ensure that machinery performs to JBT and customer standards and specifications.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels for parts and chemicals.
- Provide assistance in processing equipment installation.
- Develop rapport with packinghouse personnel.
- Pass information from packinghouse personnel or management on to JBT management.
- Follow-up on any service-related issues promptly and constantly pursue customer satisfaction.
- Inform management on customer problems and information considered relevant to the business.
- Maintain knowledge on the operation and placement of JBT and customer equipment and systems.
- High school or GED
- Good experience with industrial motor controls, instrumentation and programming and editing PLC code
- Willing to periodically work out of town, out of state, and overnight as required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Electrical and/or Electronic technician work experience training
- Electrical circuitry training, PLC programming training, three years electrical experience and demonstrate previous mechanical ability
- Physically capable to work 8 plus hours/day 7 days a week for extended periods during the processing season.
- Physically capable of working around moving industrial machinery
- Physically capable to work around exposure to machinery noise, chemicals, and fumes from associated products.
- Physically capable of lifting, pushing, pulling average maximum weight of 50 lbs.
- Physically capable of sitting, standing, walking, reaching, climbing, squatting, using hand tools
- Physically capable to work in moderate cold to extreme heat
- Physically capable of stepping up/down material handling equipment (forklift truck)
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50lbs. Over 50lbs. requires mechanical or physical assistance.
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage and 401(k) plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.