Supports sales and product management in delivering the finest berries possible to our customers, partnering with the best carriers in the industry. Creates and maintains positive relationships with trucking companies, freight forwarders and brokers in order to acquire essential logistics information and relay to entire Naturipe team. Provides logistics support to all four grower-owners along with establishing relationships with partner cooler and staff.
- Supervisor: Transportation Manager
- Peers: Transportation Coordinator(s); Product Coordinator(s)
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Books orders with carriers.
- Provides timely tracking and tracing status of active orders in standardized format.
- Follows up on late deliveries and shipments that were not picked up.
- Provides and requests confirmation of orders
- Assists with NF Cooler Transfers.
- Takes lead on diversion of product when it is rejected.
- Creates sales matrix for all delivered orders with heavy emphasis on key accounts
- Works with product management to determine product availability for load.
- Wal-Mart, Costco and Sam’s Matrix distribution.
- LTL consolidation to maximize full truck loads and minimize freight spend.
- Sets up customer receiving appointments as required.
- Creates priority list for warehouse shipping.
- Creates Wal-Mart warehouse appointments using online Appointment Scheduler.
- Verifies orders have been confirmed and set for pick.
- Books transfers from NF Cooler to forwarder for air exports.
- Updates transportation portal on all shipments 2x a day.
- Check active sales boards for additional orders or changes placed after hours by sales and/or partners.
- Check active sales boards that orders are shipped.
- Assists with claims and rejections relating to transportation are initiated and followed through to settlement.
- Enters accurate transportation costing information into SAP.
- Assures ongoing positive relationships with regional carriers and brokers.
- Stays updated on market conditions, fuel pricing and rates for assigned regions.
- Assists Hortifrut Warehouse Managers during the import season with logistics and transportation.
- Creates weekly report on all activities (rejections, claims, issues).
- Assists with checking status of all claims and follows through to ensure completion.
- FOB truck claims settlement
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
- Handles 40-150 orders per day.
- Daily load consolidation utilizing experience and the TMS.
- Regional responsibility as assigned by supervisor and director.
- Monitoring of route guide as required.
- Tracking shipments utilizing carrier websites and Locus Traxx.
- Monitoring orders/loads after, before hours required.
- Initiating and monitoring of transportation claims as assigned by supervisor.
- Monitoring of the TMS with SAP as required.
- Approving invoices for area of responsibility as required in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in truck dispatching or related experience.
- Must be able to work Wednesday-Sunday schedule
- Associates Degree in Business Management or related major or work experience.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Knowledge of air and ocean freight a plus
- Knowledge of perishable transportation a plus
- Knowledge of transportation documentation
- Ability to follow written procedures
- Must be able to write and read English
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
- Must be computer literate with strong working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Be efficient at multi-tasking.
- Travel as required (2-3 times per year).
- Flexible schedule to accommodate required coverage (after hours and holidays)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.