Our mission at Agriculture Capital is to develop a regenerative food and agriculture system that produces better food at scale and delivers healthy returns to investors while making a difference in our communities. The Agriculture Capital approach starts with making investments in permanent cropland and synergistic midstream assets to create vertically integrated, sustainable farming enterprises that grow, pack, and market high-value produce. We bring a highly engaged owner-operator orientation to our investments and use our team’s proven expertise to deliver management and operational improvements that protect environmental health, support the human spirit, and create and sustain economic prosperity.
Agriculture Capital has grown quickly over the last 4 years by focusing on a unique strategy built upon four key pillars:
- Investing in crops that have strong consumer and customer demand.
- Investing in crops at appropriate scale to capture operational efficiencies and meet the needs of today’s larger customers.
- Investing in midstream assets to enhance returns, reduce risk and exceed customer expectations
- Investing with a regenerative focus to reduce risk and improve the value of the assets and the communities in which we operate.
California Operations Manager Tulare County, CA
We are looking to hire an Operations Manager to be located near our California properties in Tulare, Kern, and Fresno counties. This position will work closely with both our asset management and investment teams in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment to research, source, analyze and execute new investment opportunities and oversee existing investments. The Operations Manager will work closely with our Managing Director, VP of Operations, and Investment team on the execution of new property investment opportunities and management of the Fund’s owned properties.
- Building relationships with our asset manager partners to facilitate operations, optimize performance, and fulfil our mission to enhance returns through thoughtful regenerative management initiatives
- Assist in oversight of existing assets by communicating seasonal challenges and preparing operational and financial reports
- Assist in due diligence on potential investment opportunities including financial and operational performance
- Assist in transition of investments from acquisition to active operations
- Build and oversee processes to track and report on performance to long term targets, including tracking of KPIs
- Work with asset managers and senior staff to progress along a tiered approach towards meeting sustainability objectives, including direct involvement in priority projects
- Develop internal and investor reporting materials
- Administrative work – document scanning, salesforce input, etc.
- Travel, primarily within the region, is necessary and expected
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ year experience (internships included)
- Demonstrated interest or experience in agricultural operations
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong work ethic and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills including understanding of financial and operational performance metrics
- Experience in investment banking, consulting or agriculture a plus
- Candidates must demonstrate the potential to be flexible, creative, resourceful and disciplined in a high-growth setting
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will have the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity, and be aligned with our mission
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and LTD plus 401(k) will be provided.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.