JOB TITLE: Produce Sourcing Manager
LOCATION: Plano, TX
NPC, LLC, located in Plano, TX, is a fresh produce supply chain procurement and management firm specializing in procurement and end-to-end risk management for the food service industry.
NPC, LLC has a career opportunity available for a talented and passionate individual to join our team as Produce Sourcing Manager in Plano, Texas, suburb of Dallas. NPC will consider relocation for the right candidate.
This person will be responsible for managing and implementing multiple commodities, developing maintaining grower/supplier relationships in a procurement team environment. They will network daily with our distributors partners, growers/shippers and our facilitators of fresh produce.
NPC’s Procurement team members are assigned by category and commodities; they manage the suppliers and distribution partners, as well as costing of market fresh fruits and vegetables for our food service clients.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of fresh produce harvest and production, seasonality, costing and distribution. The ability to negotiate contracts and weekly fobs as well as initiate LTO projects, meet deadlines in a continued effort to further bring value to NPC’s LLC growing customer base while maintaining and growing the relationships with more than 131 distribution partners across the U.S. in a fast-paced organization.
Network daily with distributors, growers, shippers of fresh produce products including juice, eggs and dairy. Procurement team members assigned by category and commodities; they manage the suppliers and distribution partners as well as negotiating weekly fob costing of assigned market fresh fruits and vegetables for our food service clients. The role is four-dimensional: procurement (sourcing and setting fobs), transportation (logistics of reducing freight expense). Communication daily and weekly with distribution partner to ensure availability of supplies and compliance which ultimately ensures our client satisfaction of assured quality, availability and value.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understand the logistics with loading and consolidating products
- Assist in managing and implementing the future on-line order portal
- Understanding and maintaining the components of Landing in Costs (LIC); find ways to reduce costs
- Expand new business by focusing on the supply chain to support our customers sourcing requirements, distribution partners need and in tune with all new commodity offerings and opportunities
- Oversee negotiation of contract pricing and structured fobs by commodity weekly within given timetables to ensure value, quality, availability, and food safety. NPC currently does not actually place a purchase order but builds the programs for our distribution partner to place the orders with growers/shippers and facilitators.
- Knowledgeable and support to keep record of required Contract, Food Safety documentation; reporting, building spreadsheets and data entry.
- Maintain, Initiate and continually develop relationships with suppliers worldwide
- Tactical management of the produce procurement and transportation supply chains
- Driving and managing distributors compliance
- Work closely with the NPC’s National Sales Representatives
Education, Experience, and Key Competencies Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Procurement, Food and Beverage or related field/comparable experience
- Moderate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook - as well as ability to adapt to new required, proprietary computer software programs
- Working knowledge and experience in systems, process and analysis
- Organizational and detail orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid experience with understanding of software systems with ideas and input of continual creation of procurement and distribution software.
- Minimum 4 Years Buying and Negotiating Experience for Fruits, Vegetables and/or Dairy products in the food service industry.
- Minimum 2 Year Experience in Contract Negotiation(s), managing the buy side weekly and support with logistics as well as business planning.
- Knowledge of USDA and PACA requirements
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Ability to work with others, as well put in the time to complete the task at hand.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, (people skills for correct political environments)
- Attention to detail and accuracy, time tables, transitions, computer entry.
- Ability to multi-task
- Team oriented
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Project and goal oriented
- Ability to navigate through the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team and company-wide initiatives
- Ability to comprehend product information data flow (item, vendor, cost, price)
- Ability to solve problems within and across multiple departments
- Provides proactive solutions with limited direction and input
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to take risks
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Function in a fast-paced, multi-department, office environment
- Limited Travel required by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Ability to work extended hours at times
- A plus with this current position would be knowledge and past experience implementing a mushroom and mixed vegetable program nationally
For more information on NPC, LLC please visit our website: www.nproduce.com
Position is available for immediate hire.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume to Daniel Brown below. Daniel will be reviewing the resumes and will be working with procurement management to set up interviews.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.