This position requires self reliance and the ability to work in all growing regions. This East Coast based QC inspector position will receive fruit according to California Giant Inc. standards. Will inspect fruit at our designated coolers making sure it meets California Giant Inc. specifications. Report daily updates to sales and field department about quality. Expeditors will work with our customers and Customs authorities to make certain that shipments are released and that all necessary activities are conducted in compliance with Customs regulations.
Expectations of this position
This position will handle Quality Control Operations for our East Coast Operation in Philadelphia, Florida, and Georgia locations. Assist in Quality control regarding arrivals of South American blues. Will be expected to perform Quality Control Operations of imported South American blues arriving into the East Coast. Assist and report on the quality control operations of Blue’s in Georgia. Assist the rest of the QC’s in meeting loads at the final retail/wholesale locations. While on assignment, a rental car, housing, and per diem expenditures will be provided. While in your home base, housing and per diem will not be provided
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Represent California Giants Quality Control Program to help achieve the main goal of providing fresh fruit to our customers.
- Pick random customer locations to conduct a full analysis of warehouses that will be receiving our berries. Track from grower to customer.
- Receive fruit according to California Giant Standards
- Inspect fruit to make sure it meets California Giant Specifications
- Keep California Giant Sales department aware of fruit quality
- Regular Attendance required.
- Expeditors' work with our customers and Customs authorities to make certain that shipments are released and that all necessary activities are conducted in compliance with Customs regulations.
- Coordinate and track international shipments to and from US.
- Coordination of transport product to and from coolers
- Work with Brokers to ensure on time product delivery
- Previous experience in quality control preferred.
- The ability to work in a team environment and without direct supervision.
- Bilingual preferred
- Passport required for international travel
- DMV Record must pass California Giants Insurance Co. requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Skill in MS Word and Excel
- This position must be able to stand for long periods of time inspecting fruit.
- Must be able to lift 20-25 lbs up onto pallets of fruit at shoulder level on a continual basis throughout the shift.
- This position is subject to harvesting schedules and could work as much as 9-10-hour days. Some days could be longer
- This position may work up to 6 days a week during the season depending on the harvesting schedule.
- Be prepared work in the cooler with temps ranging from 32 to 34 degrees – hours vary from 1 to 4 straight.
Position Reports To: Blueberry Operations
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.