Integrated Ag LP is an exciting and growing owner and operator of farmland in Arizona and California. We are seeking a Farm Manager to manage our almond growing operations in the Sacramento Valley. The position provides growth opportunities (if desired) to manage multiple farm properties as we expand in the Sacramento Valley and to other parts of central California.
Integrated Ag is a growing, forward thinking organization that is on the leading edge of agronomy across permanent crops, row crops and specialty row crops. We farm both organically and conventionally on the farms totaling approximately 16,000 acres.
As the Farm Manager, you will be responsible for all activities necessary to operate and support the farming operations in Sacramento Valley that will include new orchard development. You will be supported by our team which includes decades of agronomy and growing expertise, engineering and construction expertise (developing thousands of acres of irrigation), and an executive team with diverse experience across many different sectors.
A successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, a self-starter, team focused, a reputation of integrity, with an open mind to try new advanced farming techniques. You will be supported by a world class team that truly loves what we do.
“Our greatest asset is our team members. We encourage independent thinking and reward initiative, while providing an environment where employees can grow professionally. ”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate the overall operations of the farms.
- Initially, oversee the conversion of a row crop farm to an almond orchard in collaboration with our engineering team on a 2,000 acres beginning in September.
- Manage the day to day growing operations of an additional 1,000-2,000 acres of existing almond orchards beginning in January of 2019.
- Responsible for leadership, training and coaching in a collaborative working environment, while maximizing employee morale and productivity.
- Overall operations of the farms, including farm development, irrigation, application/pest management, pruning, training and harvesting.
- Establish goals, direction and vision while strategically planning all projects with the Executive team.
- Identify equipment improvements, changes and/or replacements.
- Budget and manage farm to ensure efficient/profitable operations and ongoing fiscal responsibilities.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of management.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree. Ideally in an agricultural field of study, such as soil science, plant science, agronomy or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in almond farm production management
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to use Microsoft word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage a team-oriented culture
- Must have a mechanical aptitude, irrigation knowledge, pruning and harvesting knowledge
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills, In English and Spanish.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and be resourceful.
- Results oriented manager
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture
- CA Pesticide applicator’s license (can be obtained once hired).
- Valid California Driver License.
- Judge PCA and use their recommendations as a focus of attention but as rule.
- Interpret soil and tissue analysis to keep optimum plant’s nutrition.
- Keep detailed fields tracking.
- Develop effective tracking methods to evaluate performance: yields, quality, costs, etc,
- Very Competitive salary based on experience
- 401(k) and full health benefits
- Profit sharing bonus structure
- Truck and gas allowance
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.