Grower Accounting Specialist
About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is a leading supplier of a wide variety of fresh, healthy foods including prepared salads, side dishes, entrees, sandwiches, snacks and catering trays. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Food Service team as a Grower Accounting Specialist located in Salinas, CA.
About the Role
The Grower Accounting Specialist is responsible for maintaining commodity specific databases for raw product yield and cost. Daily/weekly/monthly administration of grower information as it relates to grower accounting. This position has direct interaction with our growing partners, internal raw management team, and other outside business partners. Produces and distributes supplier statements, ensures accurate and timely payments to suppliers, harvester, and vendors. Perform financial analysis of grower accounts as needed (yield/cost/other)
Key responsibilities include:
- Tracking raw product yield and cost by supplier
- Review and distribute weekly settlement grower reports
- Post supplier and harvester invoices
- Produce sales orders daily
- Special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Report various counties Ag Offices weekly
- Period End closing procedures
- Basic computer fluency e.g. Windows, Word, Outlook
- High level Excel proficiency e.g. pivot tables, vlookup, if statements, index, and other various formulas and data manipulations as needed.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Analytical thinker
- Must be able to work as part of a team to complete work effectively
- Experience in Grower Accounting in the produce industry not required but a plus
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from a four-year college or university in Business/Finance/Accounting or at least 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Travel not required for this position
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email. Please type the following in the subject line: Grower Accounting Specialist - BlueSkySearch.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.