GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
GUARANTEE ACCURATE & TIMELY WEEKLY DISBURSEMENT OF MULTI-REGION FARM PAYROLL. MANAGE, COORDINATE, DIRECT, PROCESS AND DISTRIBUTE PAYROLL CONSISTENT WITH FEDERAL AND STATE WAGE & HOUR LAWS IN AGRICULTURE.
Managing the full payroll cycle process including overseeing the editing process by the personnel in each location, preparation of payroll, tax reporting and performing accounting related tasks.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ALL CALIFORNIA STATE AND FEDERAL WAGE AND HOUR LAWS, AS WELL AS ASSURE THAT COMPANY POLICY IS IN LINE WITH THESE LAWS.
Reviewing the Department of Labor Wage and Hour division website periodically, by subscribing to a newsletter that contains pertinent information and by staying in contact with the company labor law lawyer to clarify information received. The payroll manager will update software to comply with current and changing laws upon approval from management.
ANALAYZE, PREPARE AND INPUT PAYROLL DATA.
Using automated payroll software systems to prepare and process payroll as well as track employee time, piece rate and additional incentive pay.
GUARANTEE TIMELY, ACCURATE PAYROLL DISTRIBUTION & REPORTING.
Managing all day to day payroll processing, payroll accounting, payroll analysis and preparing payroll reports for cost accounting. Preparing of all payroll tax payments and filings as required on a quarterly and annual basis by state and federal taxing authorities after approval and review by company controller.
Determine benefit eligibility in coordination with HR & company policy.
Following benefit plan specifications, assuring that all employees are issued notices of eligibility.
MINOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure timely and accurate postings of all payrolls to general ledger and validate sufficient cash requirements for payroll bank accounts.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly payroll account general ledger support to corporate accounting team.
- Assist the accounting team with fiscal year-end internal audit and audit requests.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, sick accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Remain current on new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll to achieve alignment with H2A, HR, Benefits and other related systems to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Assists with ACA, 401K plan and workers comp audits
- Prepare weekly 401K withholding and contribution reports
- Provide payroll related reporting as requested by management
- Provide timely response and follow up to questions and information requests.
- Ensure all payroll records and information are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculations and processing
- Managerial/Supervisory experience
- Knowledgeable in applicable local, state and federal rules and laws
- Proficiency in relevant payroll and accounting software
KEY COMPETENCIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Planning & organizing
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis & problem-solving skills
- Decision making
- Stress tolerance
- Team work
- Positive attitude
- Customer service
- Availability - 24/7 & 365 days a year
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.