The Farm Manager is responsible for growing culinary herbs and meeting the production goals set by management team. This position requires agriculture production and management experience. We desire a hands-on leader with strong organizational, communication, and decision-making skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for growing culinary herbs, both conventional and organic and overall success of the farm
- Oversee strategic land usage and crop planning.
- Responsible for directing and supervising all farm team members.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary goals.
- Oversee pesticide application and usage.
- Oversee planting, irrigation, safety programs, and harvest operations.
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field with 5 years minimum experience is preferred.
Qualifications-Required and Preferred Skills
- Production agriculture and management experience is required
- A hands-on leader with strong organizational skills is required
- Conventional and organic row crop farming experience is preferred
- A Pesticide Applicators License is preferred
- General knowledge of farm equipment and irrigation systems required
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision is required
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
- Proficient in record keeping, scheduling, and budgeting
- Must be tech savvy and a quick learner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Demonstrate the Following Values: Humility, Integrity, Passion and Excellence
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.