Regional Agronomy Manager
Black Gold Farms has an exciting opportunity available for a Regional Agronomy Manager.
The Regional Agronomy Manager oversee the agronomic operations at our Maryland, North Carolina, and Florida operations, ensuring that we are producing high yielding and top quality crops. This role will lead and execute agronomic strategies for these locations, while providing technical expertise.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing agronomic technical leadership to support the agronomists and managers in the region.
- Working with agronomy and sales to teams to create planting and harvesting schedules.
- Coordinating pre-season crop planning with the farm locations.
- Making recommendations to the sales and farm teams on proper agronomic quality control actions.
- Developing, managing, monitoring, and executing agronomic plans for the farms in the region.
- Visiting farm locations to evaluate crop production status, including test plots.
- Developing agronomic best practice procedures.
- Collecting and summarizing key crop data obtained throughout the year. Also, interpret and recommend external research findings for implementation.
- Providing formal and informal training to agronomic and farm team members.
A Bachelor’s degree in crop/plant sciences is required, a Master’s degree in plant pathology or other related plant science degree is preferred. Experience with potatoes or other produce is preferred, but not required. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and able to obtain relative position specific licenses/certificates. Travel will be required around 25% of the time. The base location of this individual is flexible, but should be within proximity to one of our operations in MD, NC, or FL. Relocation assistance is provided if necessary.
Black Gold Farms offers an excellent benefits package, including health, company funded HSA, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, life insurance, a 401(k) program with company match, paid time off and an incentive program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.