Established field buying organization with high volume of purchases located in the San Joaquin Valley of California is looking for an experienced produce buyer; preferably with vegetable experience and knowledge.
- Build and maintain customer and vendor relationships.
- Manage purchasing decisions to ensure 100% on time delivery rate of the best quality products at competitive cost.
- Track and maintain contract fulfillment on a weekly basis.
- Negotiate pricing and volumes with vendors.
- Coordinate and manage transportation as needed, as well as handling transportation concerns regarding on-time delivery expectations.
- Responsible to coordinate several QC team members in different growing areas.
- Work with vendors and customers to create special buying opportunities in the effort to generate additional sales and profits at retail level.
- Work on continuous improvement of quality and reduce rejections at delivery.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Must have a strong ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Deal strongly, but fairly with a high degree of integrity in all transactions.
- Represent our company and customers professionally at all times.
- At least five years of fresh produce procurement experience, preferably in vegetables.
- Demonstrated knowledge of produce commodities, vendors, market pricing factors, quality indicators, and PACA laws.
- Strong computer skills, (Microsoft office programs). Experience with ITrade a strong plus.
Competitive base salary and bonus program, plus benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.