The Director of Quality Assurance & Food Safety will be responsible for the coordination and management of all business activity associated with the safe harvest and packing of the company’s products and oversee all quality management systems, policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Lead, enforce and supervise the Quality Assurance Processes with ultimate goal of protecting the brand and brand promise
- Deliver all Food Safety and Quality KPIs and budgets to target
- Drive a Food Safety & Quality first culture within the business
- Drive quality efficient projects to deliver cost base improvements
- Ensure compliance to all relevant food safety and quality standards with in the business.
- Identify training and development needs for staff
- Promote a Continuous Improvement culture, encouraging an open and engaged culture towards food safety and quality
- Consistently identify opportunities to improve food safety & quality with cost efficiency
- Create an environment conducive to personal development to ensure a robust succession pool
- Will highlight areas of underperformance and risks to the business and take mitigating action to correct
- Customer contact for quality matters including site visits, complaints, customer KPI, audits etc
- Follow up on QA trends in fresh produce
- Develop Quality specifications for new products
- Evaluate from the Quality Assurance and Food safety side new growers jointly with production
- Ability to provide clear direction and inspire people, coach and manage performance, set and embody high standards to secure high quality results
- Ensure compliance with Food safety regulations
- The role will be accountable for cost management of all expenditure and budgetary control associated with support the Quality teams
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a food/quality management position
- Minimum 5 years previous produce/foodservice experience.
- Ability to demonstrate effective decision making skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills
- Degree in qualified in a food science discipline or equivalent experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.