Deadline to Apply: All resumes will be considered as received and position will be filled once the hiring manager determines that a candidate meets the qualifications for this positon.
Tanimura and Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 35 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever.
Our mission is to provide quality, service, and innovation by employees with attitude, ownership and accountability.
The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Handles grower agreements, which may include processing/calculating payments, running weekly reports, and summarizing end of season growing cost.
- Performs period end closing procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintains accurate and detailed growing cost expenses by crop/growing location and analyze yields & cost as needed.
- Runs weekly processes regarding closing planting work orders and lost cartons provided by Harvest Supervisors.
- Reviews and balances weekly grower reports for accuracy.
- Manages cash flow payments for multiple growing locations.
- Provides accounting, financial and systems support.
- Communicates with operational managers, department and Company colleagues as needed to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with projects as assigned by the Grower Accounting Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities - This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Training and/or Experience A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent field and 3+ years of accounting experience in the Agriculture industry preferred.
A combination of relevant work experience and/or training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Language & Communication Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have good written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate and work with, colleagues, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders.
Mathematical Skills Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry (e.g., fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Be able to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people’s demands with limited supervision. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Must be proactive and detail oriented and able to identify areas where methods or procedures can be improved.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookup, index, if statements, and data manipulation), database software and queries; JDE Edwards or ERP Systems experience preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
This position requires the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines and may require working outside of normal business hours.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and enter data; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.