Largest Bell Pepper shipper in the US has an opening for a Food Safety Coordinator in their main office in the Coachella Valley. The right individual will be supporting various aspects of the Food Safety Department including but not limited to training and compliance, as well as assisting Food Safety Specialist in monitoring vendors, suppliers, contractors, and outside growers. Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review for completeness and accuracy food safety program documents
- Work with customers on requests and vendor compliance
- Assists in training of staff
- Work with suppliers and contractors ensuring paperwork is complete and received on time
- Follows up on corrective actions
1 to 2 years’ experience in food safety, preferably in agriculture.
Requires broad knowledge of basic Food Safety theories, principles, concepts and methodology. Minimum 1 to 2 years clerical experience with an emphasis on research, data gathering, and organizing data.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.