GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Work in partnership with strategy departments, marketing, account marketing and the sales and broker teams to provide analysis and selling strategies to ensure achievement of sales program execution. Provide commodity management assistance to Latin American production teams, including weekly packing requests for blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Analyzes and compiles internal and external sales data
- Reviews weekly sales programs and provides packing guidelines to production teams in North and South America for complete execution of sales program to retail and wholesale customers
- Analyze category and brand trends and provide recommendations/strategies for trade promotional support, pricing, shelving/merchandising guidelines, etc. for accounts in the region
- Help maintain current and projected inventory and sales allocation spreadsheet
- Analyzes marketing information and data provided by syndicated sources such as Nielsen and MVI.
- Support in the development of shelving, pricing and promotional guidelines.
- Develop new business and category management presentations.
- Demand and Maintain planning forecasts into one published corporate forecast
- Assist in development of annual budget and ongoing periodic divisional revenue and sales forecasts
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Knowledge of Dole’s products, customers and industry.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Customer focus
- Functional Knowledge - Requires expanded knowledge of the industry, markets and sales processes; broadens sales capabilities
- Business Acumen - Is developing expertise of business, financials, products/services, the market, or account needs
- Problem Solving - Analyses sales problems in straightforward situations; analyses possible solutions using sales experience, judgment and precedent
- Leadership - No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Impac - Impacts own sales analysis and that of others; works within a defined team and their territory or account list and to guidelines and policies
- Interpersonal Skills/ Influence - Actively listens to sales team and uses developed analysis influencing skills to make the sale in a non-complex sales environment
- Product/Service Expertise - Develops an understanding of the range of products/ services that the organization and its competitors sell and that assigned customers buy
- Territory/Account Complexity - Works independently within the sales team territory/account base with moderate-sized accounts/opportunities
- Sales Process - Executes a moderately complex analysis of sales or account management process, focusing on “features” selling
- Is beginning to understand and apply analysis of sales or account management process
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Accounting, Sales, Marketing and Quality Services departments
External: Retail and wholesale customers
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS (Business, Marketing, Sales or related field, Agriculture a plus).
- Maximum four years consumer packaged goods category management, trade marketing, or sales forecasting experience
Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. and reach overhead.
Up to 25%
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Standard office hours apply with overtime as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.