At Duncan Family Farms, we believe our primary responsibility is to produce clean, healthy, life-giving food. We are also committed to making a strong contribution to an improved environment and to giving back to our community. Our vision is to be the best customer-centric organic grower by any standard. We value safety; we are passionate about excellence; we are committed to integrity; we care about our community, our people and our environment; we work together, never apart; and we respect and value all our relationships. Duncan Family Farms is based in Goodyear, Arizona, and has ranches in multiple states across the United States
- GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Herbs Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Herb operation, including overseeing the Herb development, managing the ground prep and planning process as well as executing the day-to-day harvest and post-harvest of the herbs. The Herbs Manager performs vital functions of the operation in a manner that is economically successful, strategically oriented, technically innovative and safely executed.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Herbs Manager will evaluate, plan, organize, and manage the Herb program. The manager will provide leadership and coordination of general farming administration, accounting, budgeting, and planning of our continued development. The following are essential duties and responsibilities:
- Budget and manage the Herb program to ensure efficient/profitable operations and ongoing fiscal responsibilities as well as assist with strategic and operational planning;
- Direct all activities necessary to operate and support the Herb program at maximum efficiencies which includes, planting, irrigation, application/pest management, harvest and post-harvest;
- Ensures practices and protocols contribute towards consistent and premium quality of the crop and contributes towards profitability and growth of the company;
- Drives a Food Safety & Quality culture within the business;
- Responsible for achieving, sustaining, and continuously improving product quality & quality systems, personnel safety, food safety, personnel development, and financial results;
- All other duties as assigned.
III. QUALIFICATIONS-The following qualifications are preferred to successfully accomplish this position:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in some sort of agricultural field of study such as soil science, plant science, or agronomy, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of Herb experience with planning, farming, harvesting, post-harvest and crop management;
- Knowledge in food safety, HACCP, GMPs and related protocols;
- Knowledge of pest management practices including disease and insect identification;
- An understanding of moisture levels for proper watering and fertilizing techniques;
- Ability to forecast harvest estimates and quality;
- Ability to effectively positively lead, motivate, and communicate to employees in English and Spanish;
- Effective and proficient data/spreadsheet analysis, reporting, and communication skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks;
- Ability to work extensive hours, weekends, and ability to travel 25% of the time to satellite locations.
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Herbs Manager will work in office, shop, and farm areas. The Herbs Manager frequently is required to stand for an extended period, walk and sit and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The environmental exposure is seasonal outdoor temperature.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.