JOB TITLE: Information Technology (IT) Manager
LOCATION: Coachella, Ca.
REPORTS TO: CFO
TRAVEL: Yes (California, Arizona and Mexico)
WORK SCHEDULE: Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week; schedule will be determined by the CFO.
Prime Time International is seeking to recruit a solid, hands on Information Technology (IT) Manager. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of recommending changes to improve and enhance organization IT infrastructure. We are seeking an IT Manager that can collaborate with cross function departments to enhance the business, improve/automate processes, and proactively suggest strategic solutions. The IT Manager must have experience in Servers, Storage, Network, telecommunication and Security systems as well as applications and systems that directly support the end user computing environment. The IT Manager is also responsible for technology research, procurement, deployment and configurations of new systems. The IT Manager will lead a team of 2 full-time staff members
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- Designing training programs and workshops for staff
- Conducting regular system audits
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with the CFO
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Providing direction for IT team members
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Provide the highest quality customer service.
- Other duties assigned as necessary; responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Travel to remote locations throughout California, Arizona, and Mexico to maintain various locations
- Maintain and deploy a physical inventory of IT hardware
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) Highly preferred
- At least 10 years of experience as an IT profession.
- Experience in managing and implementing hardware, software, and IT infrastructures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be team oriented and project energy and attitude.
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong drive to succeed.
- Ability to set priorities and produce results
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Get along with people and establish cooperative working relationship with staff at all levels both within and outside the department.
- Willing to work weekend if necessary
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong integrity, credibility, communication and commitment to the company mission
- Microsoft Exchange
- Citrix Xenapp
- Citrix Sharefile
- Cisco Unity Server
- Oracle Database
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level and working conditions are similar to those for an administrative office. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold or heat.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.