Grower Settlement Clerk
Crum Lynne, PA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Provide grower accounting and financial reporting support for Dole Diversified.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Set up new Grower accounts in Mainframe and JDE programs
- Approve and code Grower and Accounts Payable invoices
- Input patch plantings into mainframe
- Correct cooler receipts as necessary
- Process and review grower payment requests and submit to Treasury (DBS)
- Process assessment payments and provide back up to the state and research board
- Prepare advance requests for Growers
- Distribute weekly and period end grower reports
- Participate in business related projects including researching, understanding, and contributing to the completion of projects requested by management
- Perform ad hoc analysis and tasks as requested
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- 2-4 years of mid to large size company experience preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting data and business reporting required
- Excellent planning and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels of management
- Proficiency with MS Office required, particularly with Excel and Word
- Functional Expertise - Requires conceptual and practical expertise in accounting and financial topics
- Business Acumen - Has knowledge of best practices and how position integrates with others in the company worldwide and with external auditors.
- Problem Solving - Ability to solve complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions; exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Leadership - No supervisory responsibilities, but ability to provide informal guidance to new team members
- Impact - Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other departments within the company.
- Interpersonal Skills/ Influence - Ability to explain difficult or sensitive information; work to build consensus.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
This position will interact with growers, accounting, sourcing, sales, operations, treasury and corporate personnel on settlements, accounting, pricing, shipments and other areas as required.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- HS Diploma or GED required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 lbs.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Typically normal business hours with ability to work overtime, weekends or rotating shifts as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.