SUMMARY: Located mainly in the Coachella Valley with other farms located in Imperial and San Diego County, Sea View Packing and its affiliate Oasis Ranch management are the largest grower/shipper of Sweet Limes in the world. One of our major focus’ is on farming these, as well as other citrus crops, including all cultural aspects, pest control, and irrigation technologies. We have a team that is looking for growth and currently looking for a Pest Control Adviser for our citrus and date farming operations in Riverside, Imperial and San Diego Counties.
Reporting Relationship: The pest control adviser reports directly to the Farm Manager for Oasis Ranch Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The pest control adviser will oversee field scouting, sample fields for pest and beneficial insects and mites, manage the sampling of leaf and plant tissues, write recommendations, and communicate an overall pest management plan with farm manager. The following are essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing field scouts;
- Determine different sample procedures to be used depending on pests;
- Review field reports turned in by field scouts on a daily basis;
- Required to report weekly findings to management;
- Oversee red scale traps;
- Take soil and/or tissue samples, as needed;
- Coordinate with ranch manager on product treatment options
- Bachelor’s degree in an agricultural field of study or equivalent preferred;
- 3-5 Years of practical experience in an Agricultural related field.
- Adhere to California Department of Pesticide Regulations;
- Knowledge of agricultural methods, pesticides, fertilizers, labels;
- Knowledge of proper pesticides to be used depending on crop destination;
- Possession of PCA license, and,
- Possession of a CDL and an acceptable driving record insurable by the Company’s insurance policy.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Computer literate in MS Office and ag-specific software programs, such as Agrian;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departmentss;
- Ability to make recommendation and/or use judgement
- Effective and proficient data/spreadsheet analysis, reporting, and communication skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks; and,
- Ability to work in farming environments, extensive hours, and weekends.
Please note: This job description is to be used as an overview of the job responsibilities and duties, and is subject to change or revision as determined by management. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job, at any time. This job description is not and does not imply a contract of employment in any way. Either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at-will, at any time, with or without prior notice and with or without cause.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.