GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Plans, schedules, executes, and manages routing plans with transportation service providers to support the inbound and outbound flow of Dole Diversified’s berries program for our Plants, Warehouses, Suppliers, and Customers in North America.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Works in a collaborative way with Plant and Supply Chain Materials/Product Planners, Plant Schedulers, Logistics Customer Service and Sales, and other Transportation associates
- Regular and daily engagement with Dole customer service, production planning, harvest, and cooling operations groups to ensure superior customer service
- Develops and analyzes daily/weekly order demand into load plans and routings that meet Dole Diversified cost and service objectives
- Executes plans and load tenders through Dole’s transportation and business systems
- Responsible for day-to-day engagement, performance and issue management of transportation service providers
- Develop, build, maintain carrier relationships with carrier’s operational and customer service resources
- Review and approve freight invoices, exceptions, and support claims settlement process Maintain Dole service provider information, lanes, rates and tariffs in Dole transportation systems
- Complete assigned reports and analysis as defined
- Identify, support, and champion process improvements as required to ensure best practices and SOPs defined and implemented.
- Support and contribute on Logistics and Transportation projects as assigned
- Provide service and support as business needs require during after hours, weekend, and holiday periods and work extended hours as required
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Three to five years of transportation and/or logistics experience in a specialist, coordinator, or planner role.
- Prefer candidates with experience in consumer, food, or retail transportation/logistics in a high volume, fast paced supply chain.
- Experience in planning and managing FTL Refrigerated services is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products and Excel.
- Experience with working in TMS and Logistics systems.
- Knowledge of transportation/shipping/receiving procedures and practices.
- Self starter, that can work under pressure and with time constraints.
- Must have the ability to make quick, comparative decisions.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Can follow and expand on direction as needed. Work across, interact, and influence other functional groups at all levels.
- Understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Will interact with Supply Chain, Materials Planners, Plant Schedulers, Logistics, Customer Service, Sales, Finance and other Transportation associates.
Will interact externally with Carriers.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business Management preferred. Other undergraduate degrees considered with some equivalent logistics, transportation, or supply chain work experience.
Ability to bend, stoop, and lift up to 25 pounds. Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use a telephone, communicate with customers and co-workers. (Notification required due to the Americans with Disabilities Act).
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Ability to work weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as 0%
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.