JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable/General Clerical
REPORTS TO: Controller
This position prepares worksheets used to record Accounts Receivable transactions and analyze data. Maintains multiple filing systems, assists in the processing and collection of accounts receivables and assists other departments as needed.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Enter sales orders accurately in timely manner after the review process is completed.
- Maintaining filing of documents and auditing files for accuracy.
- Answers phones, transfers calls and takes phone messages as needed.
- Distribution of incoming fax documents, activity reports, ante other correspondence.
- Sort, code, and match invoices.
- Enter invoices into system.
- Prepare and perform check runs.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Follow-up on, collect and allocate payments.
- Carry out billing, collection, and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Review AR aging and ensure compliance.
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Process Adjustments.
- Communicate with customers via phone, e-mail, or mail.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office, in particular Excel/spreadsheets and ability to create and run reports.
- Familiarity with ERP software helpful.
- 10-key proficiency.
- Payroll Experience (FAMOUS) in Agriculture a plus.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or experience and coursework may be substituted.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal interactions at all levels.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Team member.
- Information Management.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to perceive pertinent data, observe differences, and maintain accuracy.
- Agility in working with numbers and perform arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Ability to make recommendations to management in a timely manner.
- Self-directed and ability to work with standard operating procedures and a moderate level of supervision.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and work under pressure with deadlines.
- Sense of urgency.
- Customer service skills.
- Dependability and reliability.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time up to 75% of time.
Job requires standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, or lifting up to 10 pounds 25% of time.
Ability to work for extended periods in front of a computer screen.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.