Braga Fresh, headquartered in Soledad, CA, is the sales entity of the Braga family. The Braga’s are a 3rd generation family farming operation, and our mission is to profitably grow our family of companies through sustainable farming. Braga Ranch, the parent company, farms approximately 25,000 crop acres of organic and conventional fresh vegetables each year in the Salinas, Imperial and Yuma valleys. Delivering a fresh, clean, and safe product to market is of the utmost priority to Braga Ranch. We adhere to strict quality and food safety standards and we are committed to ensuring a ‘farm to fork’ safety guarantee. Braga Fresh is a fast growing company and offers a dynamic work atmosphere.
Develop, manage and analyze all actual & forecasted costs while supporting cost improvement projects. Perform assigned month end close duties and account reconciliations.
Key Result Areas: Costing and Reporting, Inventory Support, Assist in Month-end Close, Other Duties
Able to perform multiple tasks, works well under pressure and prioritizes to meet deadlines, Strong organizational, planning, problem solving, analytical and reasoning skills are essential Aptitude to manage across functional boundaries. Willingness to accept challenges to respond assertively. Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and closure of all jobs including: review of standard and actual costs for inaccuracies, variance analysis, margin trends, labor variances, and waste trends
- Analyze and report monthly operational results and variances to standards including purchase price variance, operational variances to staff, wage, and yield, and overhead expense spending trends
- Close production jobs weekly and report margin and variances to management
- Reconciliation of inventory including: Raw Materials, Finished Goods, and WIP to the general ledger for month-end
- Develop job cost estimates and analyze costs of existing and new products to identify trends and potential improvements
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle count activities for the plant and review and reconcile all physical inventory adjustments
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Review slow moving and obsolete materials and ensure inventory reserves are properly stated in accordance with CCA’s guidelines
- Support all aspects of the month-end closing process including: Inventory reconciliation, journal entries, AR/AP reconciliation, commissions, accruals, and account trend analysis
- Assist with the development and review of Machine Hour Rates
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of annual sales and expense budget and forecasts
- Review costs associated with claims to vendors to ensure claims are accurate
- Provide internal and external audit support
- Perform other similar and related duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited institution is required. Requires a minimum of 2-5 years related experience. Must be a highly experienced technical computer user, proficient with spreadsheets, charts, graphs, Outlook and Word.
Competitive compensation, bonus, benefits, and 401-k plan
Email resumes ONLY. Do not call.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.