POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Account Manager in the Domestic Sales Department is to develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers for BOSTOCK New Zealand organic apples in North America through sales and day-to-day customer management. This is an exempt position that requires the Account Manager to work extended days/hours during seasonal peaks and after-hour calls and e-mails as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as the primary relationship owner for accounts in North America with responsibility for retention and growth. Quickly establish strong rapport with the key decision makers and other influencers at each account. Promote and maintain a positive rapport with customer account executives to maximize potential opportunities, identify customer needs and further develop key initiatives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy that maximizes opportunities across all products
- Develop processes and systems to address food safety requirements and customer specifications
- Develop customer pricing strategy, negotiate pricing and other terms of sale utilizing knowledge of the market
• Manage various aspects of the supply chain (transportation, warehouses, etc.) to meet customer needs
• Develop reports, sales projections, opportunity pipelines and other documentation as required. Provides timely notice of key market events, utilization of market development funds and merchandising ideas, price changes, new product introductions, competitive activity, and potential problems or opportunities.
• Manage problem arrivals and customer credits by exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Establish strong internal and external communication channels associated with bringing on new business, launching new products, and in resolving customer issues
- Other duties may be assigned to suit business needs and developments as required
- Management Skills – Ability to achieve desired outcomes by setting goals and priorities that deliver results
- Analytical Skills – Ability to gather raw data and process data into meaningful form
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply logic and scientific thinking to wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Problem Solving – Ability to find solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Judgment – Ability to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information
- Communication – Ability to communicate concisely, clearly (oral, written), and to listen to and understand others’ messages/intent
- Strategic Planning – Ability to develop vision for the future and create culture in which long range goals can be achieved
- Project Management – Ability to demonstrate understanding of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling work tasks
- Resource Planning – Ability to obtain and appropriate proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, and personnel
- Team Oriented – Ability to work well with others
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work will primarily be performed in an office environment. Occasional travel to represent company at trade shows, conventions, and customer locations
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Ability to travel long distances when necessary
- Occasional light lifting
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science or agriculture related field, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of Fresh Produce / Organics and sales experience highly desirable
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft, Word and Excel
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.