Food Safety (FS) /Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor Shift:
A leading company in the industry that processes fresh cut vegetables is looking for a Quality Assurance Supervisor located in the Central Coast of California.
The Food Safety (FS) /Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor will provide leadership and support for the development and implementation of Food Safety/Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures. This positions’ main function is to assure the quality of incoming raw material, product, processing, and finished goods meet and exceed Quality Assurance and Food Safety standards, as well as exceed customer’s expectations. This is accomplished through effectively managing QA personnel, as well as planning and working closely with the FS/QA Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish, communicate and execute QA, FS, GMP, FSMA Preventative Controls programs and implement and develop verification and validation process parameters to be monitored, controlled and documented as part of FSMA PC Rule
- Responsible for assuring QA, FS, FSMA PC and GMP systems are effectively utilized by all inter-departments, routinely monitor to confirm effectiveness and objectives meet and exceed company, industry and customer expectations
- Assist in management and tracking of all Food Safety documentaton
- Assist in the implementation and management of the Environmental Monitoring program in the plant
- Provide technical assistance to department heads to promptly facilitate a favorable resolution on all QA and FS issues while minimizing additional over-head expense and assuring consumer safety at all times
- Provide support for recall of non-conforming materials, investigations associated with product complaints, and biological product deviation reports
- Production/Operation (back up support when needed)
- Assist with identifying hazards around the plant
- Lead continuous improvement projects and develop strong and enhanced programs and processes for processing facility
- Provide direction to subordinates while promoting a team environment within the department and with other departments.
- Develop and implement special FS/QA projects under the supervision of the FS/QA Manager and Director of Food Safety
- Minimum one (1) year in related field; FS, QA, processing facility, fresh produce industry, and sanitation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Experience managing broad range of quality-related functions, including HACCP plans, GMP’s, GFSI, and FSMA Rules
- Demonstrate desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, product quality and reliability
- Computer Proficient – Outlook, MS WORD and MS Excel application minimum.
- Strong interpersonal, written, communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Leadership skills that inspire team confidence, motivation and respect in a creative and effective manner
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline oriented environment
- Work variable hours, depending on operational needs, including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to perform the following:
- Sit and/or stand for long periods of time, work outdoors/indoors
- Work in a cooler environment with temperatures ranging as low as 33 degrees Fahrenheit
- Work in noisy environments, and work in proximity to moving equipment
- Carry up to 20 lbs. of equipment
- Walk up and down stairs/ladders, bend and walk under equipment
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.