SupHerb Farms, the market leader in fresh frozen herbs and other specialty culinary products, has an opening for a Field Production Supervisor. This position is responsible for the supervision of harvest operations, field staff and equipment; grower relations, field selection and planting; agronomic activities; crop monitoring and accurate recordkeeping regarding quality, yield and harvest dates; coordinating trucking of raw material to Turlock plant for processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of harvest operation, field personnel, and field equipment.
- Harvest crops according to raw material specifications and standards.
- Coordinate trucking of raw material, including interface with plant to coordinate deliveries.
- Grower relations and participation of field selection, and crop planting
- Monitor crops for growth and quality, estimate harvest dates and crop yields, keep accurate records
- Operate vehicles and farm equipment
- Assist in agronomic field assessments including field scouting to determine water, weed, disease, pest status; takes water, residue and soil samples.
- Assist in field mapping and performing field inspections/audits.
- Assist in planting plans and tracking seed inventories/storage. May input planting plans, application data and other agronomic data in ERP system.
- Implement and monitor safety requirements established by the Company and the government.
- Upgrade and monitor quality control standards and GAP guidelines established by the Company.
- Extensive travel is required to various growing locations within California.
- Requires frequent start time of 2:00 a.m. during seasonal harvest periods of the year.
BS Degree in an agricultural related discipline and a minimum of 2 years experience in crop production, or similar area required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience in the food industry and/or with farm equipment preferred; bi-lingual in Spanish is desirable.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a collaborative work environment. If interested, please send resume and desired salary to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.