Job Description – Accounts Payables/Receivables and Inventory Specialist - (Full time; Non-Exempt)
Company Description: Bostock North America, Inc. represents BOSTOCK New Zealand organic apples in North America. BOSTOCK New Zealand is the largest organic apple producer in New Zealand and has been growing premium organic apples since 1996. The company uses sustainable organic practices to preserve and enhance the fertile soils, rivers and underground aquifer for future generations to enjoy. John Bostock was the founder of BOSTOCK New Zealand, and the first grower to approach organic apple production on a commercial scale in New Zealand. BOSTOCK New Zealand has grown to over 1200 acres of BioGro certified land and is responsible for marketing and exporting 85% of New Zealand’s organic apple crop to the world.
Position Summary: The role of AP/AR and Inventory Specialist is part of a team that provides general accounting/finance support to the Company. Additionally, this position will manage various part of the inventory system for product and packaging including receiving, reconciliation and work orders. The position is Full Time, Non-Exempt and reports to the VP of Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Responsible for activities related to creating, processing and monitoring of accounts payables and receivables
- Responsible for invoicing
- Completes posting activities to the general ledger
- Completes reconciliations for general ledger accounts, insuring accurate processing and posting of account entries
- Assists in preparation of financial institution deposits
- Assists with account research and audit schedules
- Contribute to creating efficient processes and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned
- Print checks weekly or as needed
- Contact vendors for invoicing discrepancies
- Reconciling monthly bank/credit card/loan account statements
- Conduct regular inventory reconciliations
- Create and oversee work order instructions for various packs
- Research and correct inventory discrepancies
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and understanding of banking concepts
- Strong analytical, verbal, mathematical and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and database report queries
- Solid work ethic
- Attention to detail critical
- Team Oriented – Ability to work well with others
- 3-5 years accounts payables and receivable experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business or Accounting
- Inventory management experience preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Work Environment: Work will primarily be performed in an office environment. Occasional travel.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Ability to travel long distances when necessary
- Occasional light lifting
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.