The fourth largest seed company in the world. Limagrain is an international cooperative group created and directed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain markets field seeds, vegetable seeds, and cereal products.
Vilmorin SA, Business Unit of Group Limagrain, a company headquartered in France; specializes in the breeding, production, and marketing of vegetable seeds and tree seeds for professional farmers worldwide. The diversity within our multicultural teams drives the company’s growth strategy through quality products, expertise, and commitments to excellence.
Purpose: The Supply Planner is responsible to develop and/or execute supply plans to ensure adequate stock levels to meet business needs. Create purchase orders in accordance with the approved supply plan. Manage production contracts and stock seed shipments in coordination with Production Manage. Coordinate testing of all incoming stock seed with Quality Assurance.
Essential Operational Tasks:
- Develop supply plan in accordance with sales forecast, sales history, and budget
- Production planning
- Procurement planning
- Non-seed material
- Execute Supply plan
- Correspondence with vendors (prepare bookings, check product availability & lead times, create purchase orders, report any shortage & delays)
- Manage production contracts under supervision from the Production Manager
- Work with Sales and inventory planning to provide timely and accurate availability information to Customers
- Supply Chain Master Data (request item numbers and suppliers/vendors in the system)
- Inventory Management
- Ensure proper lot status is assigned to all lots
- Ensure all applicable lot characteristics are in JDE (seed counts, TSW, supplier lot, phyto, certificate of origin, etc.)
- Manage stock seed Inventory in conjunction with Production manager
- Create/Manage standard operating procedures for all responsible areas
- Record Retention
- Provide support to other areas of Supply chain as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- JDE or similar inventory software program
- Strong computer skills (MS word, excel, outlook)
- Prior experience and working knowledge of seed industry desirable but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.