With approximately 30,000 acres in California, Sun Pacific® is the largest grower/shipper of navel oranges in the world, the largest grower/shipper of kiwi in North America, the 2nd largest grower/shipper of mandarins in North America, the largest tomato grower in California and renown for high quality table grapes. Our core focus is on farming, providing us with deep expertise in every aspect of growing these crops, including all cultural aspects, pest control, irrigation technologies and specialized equipment use, all tied together with sophisticated information systems
The Farm Manager will work with the General Manager to evaluate, plan, organize, and manage Table Grapes in Kern and Tulare County. Will supervise up to 75 employees and manage all activities necessary to operate and support maximum efficiency for the table grape division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Participate in developing a working budget;
- Coordinate and plan daily, weekly, and monthly work schedule for tractor operators, irrigators and cultural operation crews;
- Manage and coordinate farm development, irrigation, spray application/pest management, cultural operations, including harvesting;
- Supervise all aspects of spray/chemical application and equipment operation for 2,250+ acres of table grapes;
- Purchase and inventory control of pesticides, fertilizers, and related materials;
- Complete spray records and work orders;
- Manage daily maintenance of equipment, and repair and replacement of all farming structures, equipment and supplies;
- Recruit, train, develop and manage farming personnel;
- Manage all contract labor for farming and harvesting operations, such as but not limited to pruning crews, seasonal labor, harvesting, etc.; and,
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- 5+ years’ experience with table grape planning, farming, harvesting, and/or post-harvest crop management;
- Bachelor’s degree in an agricultural field of study or equivalent;
- Possession of a CDL and an acceptable driving record insurable by the Company’s insurance policy;
- PCA or PAC license;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, desired;
- Effective communication Skills;
- Knowledge in food safety, HACCP, GMPs, CCOF (Organics) and related protocols;
- Effective and proficient Excel data/spreadsheet analysis, reporting, and communication skills; and,
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
Competitive pay, benefits, and Company vehicle for business use, offered. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.