With approximately 30,000 acres in California, Sun Pacific® is the largest grower/shipper of navel oranges in the world, the largest grower/shipper of kiwi in North America, the 2nd largest grower/shipper of mandarins in North America, the largest tomato grower in California and renown for high quality table grapes. Our core focus is on farming, providing us with deep expertise in every aspect of growing these crops, including all cultural aspects, pest control, irrigation technologies and specialized equipment use, all tied together with sophisticated information systems.
Sun Pacific is currently looking for a qualified farming support/coordinator for its Cuties Farms. The farming support/coordinator will be responsible for bee netting, assisting farm management with all aspects of our farming operations, such as but not limited to spraying, irrigation, and redevelopment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and supervising installation (post-harvest) and removal (after bloom) of bee netting for all Clementine trees in and around Maricopa and Ducor areas to prevent cross-pollination;
- Coordinate bee netting labor service provided by designated farm labor contractor;
- Communicate and coordinate netting schedule to compliment farming and harvesting operations;
- Coordinate maintenance for Company-owned and rental equipment and machinery;
- Assist the farm area advisor with projects and vendor resource management; and,
- Schedule and supervise tree removal, deep ripping, laser scraping, pre-irrigation, fumigation, marking for and installing underground irrigation system;
- 5+ years’ experience with Table Grape planning, farming, harvesting, and/or post-harvest crop management;
- Bachelor’s degree in an agricultural field of study or equivalent;
- Possession of a CDL and an acceptable driving record insurable by the Company’s insurance policy; and,
- PCA or PAC license;
Competitive pay, benefits, and Company vehicle for business use, offered. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.