The Forage Controller is responsible for all aspects of forage financial and management accounting including the preparation of the annual statutory reports, preparation and analysis of monthly management reports, preparation and presentation of budgets and compliance with accounting standards and with taxation obligations.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly management accounts, together with analysis of trends and rolling quarterly re-forecasts
- Co-ordination and preparation of the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Collect, analyze and disseminate financial and non-financial information for management as required
- Liaise with the senior management team around interpretation and analysis of the departmental numbers
- Management of key projects including integration of reporting and accounting for acquisitions, systems implementation, reporting processes
- Provides detailed cost analysis of the organizations Forage products and services and ensure continued focus and input into process and business improvement strategies
- Ensure effective and timely liaison with the External Auditors in ensuring the quality of financial records complies with accounting standards
- Develops and maintains a robust accounting framework and overall finance processes
- Ensures finance related processes and policies are documented and communicated to other areas of the business and reviewed on a regular basis
- Oversees the preparation of fortnightly payroll, preparation of PAYG summaries, superannuation liabilities, payroll tax and workers compensation
- Oversees the accurate and timely reconciliation of the Company’s bank accounts and provide regular cash flow forecasts and analysis
- Responsible for the preparation of tax obligations ensuring the timely lodgment of tax returns, business activity statements and fringe benefits tax returns
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business/Finance & CPA, CMA or public accounting experience
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting/ financial analysis experience.
- Agricultural background preferred with forage sector Experience
- At least 2 years in managing teams or leading projects.
- Taxation principles
- Thorough knowledge of accounting related legislation, regulations and reporting procedures to comply with U.S. and local law.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Financial and corporate governance
- Accounting software
- Experience with ERP
- Financial forecasting
- Corporate laws and regulations (basic)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.