Duda Farm Fresh Foods is seeking a Plant Cost Accountant who, under the direction of the Accounting Manager, and based out of our Belle Glade location, will maintain accurate and timely cost data for Eastern Vegetable’s fresh-cut processing product line. This position will review work orders daily and analyze variances as well as support the Operations team and Sales team by providing cost, profitability, and other key financial performance metrics. The Plant Cost Accountant will assist in month end close financial statement preparation and reviews for the processing plant and Dandy Logistics as well as, review and reconcile Eastern Vegetable materials inventories.
- Bachelor Degree and 5+ years’ relevant in accounting/finance
- Must have experience with cost analysis and profitability information.
- Must possess experience with KPI reports.
- Must have strong computer and phone skills and intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with agriculture and fresh foods strongly desired.
- Must have keen attention to detail, strong problem solving ability and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop, setup, and maintain standard costs in DAX, including routes and bill of materials.
- Validate the integrity of cost data. Conduct daily review of work orders to insure accuracy and completeness of transactions. Run jobs needed to complete work order processing in the DAX system.
- Provide operations management with key performance indicator reports (KPIs), profitability reports, variance reports, and calculated returns on capital investments.
- Provide breakeven and cost analysis to the sales team. Work with business team leaders on year end forecasts and annual planning activities, including budget preparations.
- Assist with the preparation of the month end processing plant financial statements, including expense analysis and balance sheet review.
- Provide accounting and operational support for the Dandy Logistics business. Includes preparation of Dandy Logistics financial statements, related financial analysis, and balance sheet analysis.
- Review and help reconcile raw materials inventory, finished goods inventory, and packaging inventories. Conduct periodic inventory counts and make certain that inventory adjustments are completed timely.
We offer excellent benefits as part of our total compensation including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care, company bonus, and group term life insurance.
No agencies please.
Duda is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.