POSITION: Document Control Specialist
LOCATION: San Juan Bautista, CA
Temporary position: 6-month assignment
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Document Control Specialist will work closely with the QFS and R&D team in launching QFS document management software. The software includes documents and requirements for food safety, quality, supplier compliance and specifications. The Document Control Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of the software. He/She must be able to work with minimal supervision and is accountable for the content of the program. He/She will support and serve as the software subject matter expert for Holtville, True Leaf Leaf and North Mexico facilities.
- Supports the implementation of new document management software
- Attends training sessions to learn the database format and function
- Populates and maintains database structure
- Creates documents and forms such as manuals, SOPs, procedures, etc. under the direction of QFS management
- Creates specifications for CB, TLF and North Mexico under the direction of R&D management
- Maintains documents, forms, specifications by sending notifications to document reviewers and approvers
- Creates and maintains dashboards
- Publishes dashboard, metrics, performance indicators
- Provides record-keeping, documents and program analysis recommendations
- Supports and serves as the subject matter expert for the software for Holtville, True Leaf Farms and North Mexico facilities
- Other tasks assigned by management
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Document control / database maintenance experience, highly desired
- Experience in quality assurance, food safety or food product development, highly desired
Other Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent writing, verbal and communication skills.
- Candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Candidate must be team oriented and also able to work independently. Self-starter.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bilingual. Able to speak, read and write in Spanish.
- Candidate must be able to handle several projects in a fast-paced environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.