Summary of Position:
The Director of Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance directs and manages all aspects of equipment & facilities engineering. Will be charged with optimization of current and future equipment and product flow. This position incorporates design, training and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment and facilities. The Director will maximize the values of existing assets and collaborate with facility and maintenance departments as well as outside contractors to deliver increased capacity and efficiency to the company production lines through engineering design.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage facilities, maintenance and engineering teams and projects
- Develop department and project expectations and objectives to achieve company goals
- Manage internal departmental budgets for facilities, engineering and maintenance. Will also be required to manage third party project budgets
- Facilitate equipment and facility review and evaluate current processes and equipment.
- Accurately communicate cost expectations, budgets and projects’ progress to management.
- Assist with creating equipment specific trainings
- Manage local, state and government compliance as it relates to the site, the facility processes and the equipment permitting
- Evaluating and improving current processes and facilities as well as future processes
- Primary contact for project support and plant engineering
- Evaluating current site and equipment related programs and continuous improvement of these programs at multiple sites
- Works collaboratively with Sr. Management in defining long-term strategies and roadmaps
- Follows up on the procedures, policies, and associated tools in order to develop processes that re more efficient and ensure conformity with the business practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required.
- 5 - 7 years proven experience in Project or Program Management role in manufacturing, fabrication or production environment preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of food manufacturing equipment & food safety process, maintenance and repair, planning and scheduling.
- Experience and knowledge with refrigeration, boilers and water systems.
- Prolonged sitting 70%
- Walking 40%
- Repetitive movement 80%
- Constant reaching 80%
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Equal Employment Opportunity George Chiala Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.