Skagit Horticulture is a diversified producer of crops sold to Home Stores, Independent Garden Centers, Wholesale Greenhouse Growers and Specialty Agriculture. The company maintains extensive production facilities in Mount Vernon and Mabton, WA, as well as in Watsonville, CA.
The Agricultural division is expanding production of virus and disease-free field transplants in the hop, wine grape, berry and fruit tree markets.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
This position has two distinct focuses:
Analyst will work between agricultural sales, planning and production team to analyze and coordinate production workflow and to manage clean stock replenishment and sourcing. The goal will be to ensure on-time production in a cost-efficient manner, fully utilize facilities, while maintaining prescribed quality standards.
Regulatory Compliance Manager
Develop and implement protocols to ensure compliance with internal standards, proprietary and intellectual property contracts, and regulatory agencies. Intent is to ensure our value proposition of virus-free, and true-to type is maintained, as well as to manage repository agreements and to protect integrity of proprietary genetics.
- Work with sales, supply chain and operations team to create and prepare production and stock forecasts for agricultural crops
- Work with production team to analyze space utilization and production workflow
- Develop milestone tracking documents for agricultural crops and prepare update reports
- Work with sales and production to create clean stock replenishment plans
- Source clean stock material from appropriate vendors
- Work with production staff to create various models to track information such as cutting yields and availability projections
- Work with cost accountant to analyze various crop methodologies, to drive improvements and to assist with pricing decisions
- Document and track virus screening status of agricultural crops
- Document and track genotyping of agricultural crops
- Read and analyze genotyping reports
- Manage license and royalty administration, in conjunction with accounting team
- Manage and maintain NDA, MTA and Intake Agreements
- Manage and maintain Repository Agreements
- Implement and coordinate state certification programs
- Research and implement various state restrictions for agricultural crops
- Other duties, as assigned
Required / Preferred Qualifications:
- A two-year degree in horticulture, plant science or agricultural discipline is preferred
- Candidate should have strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills are necessary
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office®, including database expertise
- Although primarily an office position, candidate will be required to spend time in greenhouse and field
- Willingness to travel is required
- Strong interest in and knowledge of industry trends, companies and individuals is preferred
- Collaborative team member
High integrity and respect for confidentiality requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.