Directs and coordinates all US and Mexico credit department personnel and activities concerning accounts receivable, including establishing customer credit limits, obtaining documentation as set forth in the credit policies and procedures, accuracy and timeliness of monthly statements and customer files, execution of credit investigations and collecting delinquent accounts of customers. Works closely with CFO and Sales Managers in all divisions of US and Mexico.
Starting Salary Range: $80K to $120K
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Master’s in business administration is a plus.
Experience and Background:
- 7 to 10 years’ experience managing credit and collections in a manufacturing and/or an agriculture.
- industry. Hands on experience at all levels of credit and collections a plus.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience supervising credit and collection personnel; including the selection,
- development, evaluation and discipline.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience analyzing customer credit worth.
- Advanced knowledge of credit and collection laws and regulations in the US and MX such as UCC
- filings, legal credit applications, and enforceable guarantees of payment.
- Advanced Excel skills a must.
- Comfortable using an ERP with experience in Navision being a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analyze and manage customer accounts receivables such that there is an expectation of timely collection.
- Analyze credit information collected using available resources and Company cash flow needs to
- determine proper customer terms and credit limits.
- Maintain professional balance between growing sales and protecting the organization from bad debt.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with CFO regarding AR aging and problem accounts.
- Create accounts receivable reports and present at management and sales meetings.
- Train and develop credit department personnel.
- Develop credit department standard operating procedures.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, simple and compound interest and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.