Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Foodservice team as a New Variety Specialist.
Qualified individuals will enjoy working in our fast-paced environment and have 2+ years of experience in the fresh food industry. A working knowledge of facility operations and value-added processing is ideal. Individual time management is critical to the success of the person in this role. This person will be responsible for developing a strong understanding of our products and processes. This position will be based in Salinas, California and require a potential of 20% US travel.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Trial and implement new varieties to increase automation and yield for Lettuce and Broccoli
- Continue to improve yields on existing commodities through growing practices, varieties and configurations
- Increase grower relations by sharing results of our trials and gaining information about growing practices for the newer varieties
- Support Marketing and QA when bringing new produce to market
- Improve and streamline current product management processes as needed.
- Coordinate new variety trial plantings
- Monitor new variety performance in the field
- Yield analysis
- BA/BS Degree (in Business Administration preferred) required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in fresh food industry required, preferably with Project Management experience related to new variety processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have proven experience collaborating with multiple departments in achieving completion of projects/goals.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather, analyze and summarize information in a clear and concise format.
- High degree of accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Team player and leader, with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines, and adjust to changing operational and business needs.
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, organizational and follow up skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.