Food Safety / Quality Assurance
Innovative grower, shipper, and packer of fresh fruits and vegetables out of south Florida, with outstanding industry reputation, seeks a leader to carry on food safety initiatives
Job Description: The qualified individual will oversee the development, support and leadership of the Food Safety/Quality Assurance Program. The main function of this position is to assure the quality of incoming materials, product, processing and finished goods meet or exceed Quality Assurance and Food Safety standards. This position requires knowledge of and compliance with USDA and FSMA regulations on inspecting, holding and shipping of produce.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Must be detail-oriented, professional-minded, and maintain a professional image at all times. The ability to develop, implement, communicate and execute Quality Assurance, Food Safety, GMP, and FSMA compliant programs to all employees is essential.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and adhere to corporate policies and practices while representing the Company in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with employees, customers, suppliers, visitors and government agencies.
- Maintain well-organized recordkeeping activities
- Oversee and maintain all production and facility pre-requisite HACCP programs
- Routine monitoring program effectiveness and objectives to meet company, industry and customer expectations
- Oversee and ensure adherence to policies and programs that meet corporate goals and provide education on quality, product-security and food safety.
- Facilitate a favorable resolution on all QA and food safety issues, product complaints and product deviations involving consumer safety.
- Develop, implement and execute facility Standard Operating Procedures according to GAP, GMP, HACCP and FSMA requirements and oversee internal and third party audits.
- Perform safety inspections to identify employee or food safety hazards around the facility and grounds.
- Bilingual English-Spanish at a proficient level is strongly preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables or situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with certifications in HACCP, FSPCA, GMP, GAP and PCQI are strongly preferred. A valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
- Ability to travel as necessary to inspect current or potential suppliers for assuring compliance with applicable FSMA regulations.
- Demonstrate the desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, product quality and reliability.
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to learn and absorb new duties with minimal repetition or re-training.
Please send resume and salary history in confidence below:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.