San Joaquin Valley Farming Operation is looking for an Assistant Controller. This position will report to Corporate Controller and CFO. You will be responsible for financial statements, internal and external audits, budgets, forecasts and strategic business plans, responsible for managing their local accounting team must coordinate with farming and Corporate finance to achieve the goals and objectives of the business.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Prepare, validate and publish timely monthly internal and external financial statements;
- Day to day management and oversight of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff – reporting and review, issue resolution, vendor and customer interactions as necessary and where appropriate;
- Review of bank and account reconciliations and journal entries as part of the month-end financial close process;
- Provide training and mentoring to AR/AP staff, as well as members of the accounting and finance department to develop and enhance the competencies within our team;
- Assist in oversight and review of compliance relating filings including sales tax, property tax and income tax, among others
- Involvement in the preparation of quarterly bank compliance documents including financial statements and covenant calculations;
- Involvement in other various tasks and projects which arise relating to internal/external reporting, cost saving initiatives, financial analysis and planning, etc.
- CPA preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Agricultural background preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading teams
- 5+ years of Accounting
- Self-starter and highly motivated professional
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual Preferred
Comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k) plan, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
*This organization participates in E-Verify.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.