Josie’s Organics are grown today in the same, fertile California valley where our grandparents, young Swiss immigrants Sebastian and Josie Braga, started farming in the 1920s. Now, keeping their high standards for quality, integrity and sustainability in mind, a third generation of Bragas runs the family business.
As a young boy, our president and CEO, Rod Braga, fondly remembers watching “Nonnie Josie” hand-clipping leaves of baby lettuce. She served only the best seasonal produce to her family then, and today we tend the farm with the same care.
Sebastian and Josie would be proud. Nearly a century ago, they started out growing beets, tomatoes, onions, hay and corn. Today, along with employees who have been with the company since our youngest cousin was born, we harvest more than 25 varieties of premium, USDA certified organic fresh vegetables, and deliver them to people all over the world.
JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
LOCATION: Soledad, CA
Key Result Areas:
- Assist in Month-end Close
- Other Duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and report monthly operational results and variances
- Review reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of financials
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Support all aspects of the month-end closing process including: Inventory reconciliation, journal entries, AR/AP reconciliation, commissions and accruals
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of annual sales and expense budget and forecasts
- Provide internal and external audit support
- Perform other similar and related duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- Able to perform multiple tasks
- works well under pressure and prioritizes to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, planning, problem solving, analytical and reasoning skills are essential
- Aptitude to manage across functional boundaries.
- Willingness to accept challenges.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited institution is required. Experienced computer user, proficient with spreadsheets, charts, graphs, Outlook and Word.
Email resumes ONLY. Do not call.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.