A key role with the Company, this position is responsible for the supervision of harvest operations, field staff and equipment; grower relations, field selection and planting; agronomic activities; crop monitoring and accurate recordkeeping regarding quality, yield and harvest dates. Most important is the flow of information from harvest to sales and operations team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily liaison between harvesting company and the Company to ensure timely harvest, best practices and up-to-date harvest forecast.
- Supervision of harvest operation, field personnel, and field equipment.
- Harvest crops according to raw material specifications and standards.
- Review and coordinate material needs to field.
- Grower relations and participation of field selection, and crop planting.
- Monitor crops for growth and quality, estimate harvest dates and crop yields, keep accurate records.
- Assist in agronomic field assessments including field scouting to determine water, weed, disease, pest status; takes water, residue and soil samples.
- Assist in field mapping and performing field inspections/audits.
- Assist in planting plans and tracking seed inventories/storage. May input planting plans, application data and other agronomic data in ERP system.
- Implement and monitor safety requirements established by the Company and the government.
- Upgrade and monitor quality control standards and GAP guidelines established by the Company.
- Extensive travel is required to various growing locations within California and Arizona.
BS Degree in an agricultural related discipline preferred and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in melon crop production, or similar area required. Experience in the food industry and/or with farm equipment preferred; bi-lingual in Spanish is desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.