Josie’s Organics are grown today in the same, fertile California valley where our grandparents, young Swiss immigrants Sebastian and Josie Braga, started farming in the 1920s. Now, keeping their high standards for quality, integrity and sustainability in mind, a third generation of Braga’s runs the family business.
As a young boy, our president and CEO, Rod Braga, fondly remembers watching “Nonnie Josie” hand-clipping leaves of baby lettuce. She served only the best seasonal produce to her family then, and today we tend the farm with the same care.
Sebastian and Josie would be proud. Nearly a century ago, they started out growing beets, tomatoes, onions, hay and corn. Today, along with employees who have been with the company since our youngest cousin was born, we harvest more than 25 varieties of premium, USDA certified organic fresh vegetables, and deliver them to people all over the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with management to establish controls and standards for food safety.
- Implement and maintain all food safety related programs and standards for all operations.
- Ensure that employees and managers have the required food safety training and are consistently working within food safety requirements
- Ensure that operations comply with federal, state, local, specific customer and company food safety policies and regulations
- Prepare and submit all required reports and correspondence
- Identify, document, and report suggested corrective action for continuous compliance and improvement
- Coordinate and lead all third-party, customer, and regulatory food safety audits.
- Conduct internal food safety audits for all operations and submit recommendations for corrective action to management for approval, as appropriate
- Educate and advise management, and train employees on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good Harvesting Practices (GHP)
- Verbal and writing communication skills with the confidence to present in large group setting.
- Prepare and coordinate annual food safety training specific for supervisors, foreman, harvesting crews, farming employees
- Audit all operations as required and whenever appropriate
- Full participation during food safety audits.
- Requires relocation to El Centro, CA/Yuma, AZ area
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Perform well under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Energetic forward-thinking individual with ability to maintain effective working relationship
- Proficient software skills are required with Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Must have an acceptable driving record to drive a company vehicle
- Performs all other duties and tasks, as assigned by management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - Bachelor’s degree preferred
Competitive compensation, discretionary bonus, benefits, and 401-k plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.