GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position will support the development of EHS reports, procedures and programs to ensure
the Company provides a safe workplace for employees and minimizes impacts to the
environment. The incumbent will support the EHS management system and compliance at a
plant level and help drive EHS performance improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research safety and environmental regulations and provide support for compliance
- Participate in EHS compliance and EHS Audits
- Supports the Safety and Risk Director in the development of EHS policies, standards and procedures based on regulatory and internal requirements
- Manage data collection and analysis of EHS metrics and reports including; injury and illness, air, waste, energy and water data
- Serve as the subject matter expert on EHS and other data management systems
- Assist with preparation of government reports and permits/certifications
- Participate or lead EHS projects to support best industry practices
- Participate in root cause incident investigations
- Participate in job safety analysis
- Assist in creation and delivery of EHS training programs
- Assist with management of EHS recordkeeping
- Lead creation and deployment of EHS communications to workforce
- Support Workers Compensation programs and process improvements; monitors claims and partners with case managers with claim management and recommends plan of action
- Collaborates with plant leadership relative to light duty opportunities and/or modified work, if available
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
B.S. Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or similar degree desireable or 3-5 years of EHS experience industry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Very High Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must poses valid CA driver’s license and be insurable
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Read, Write & Speak Spanish
Must be able to relocate to our different processing areas.
Knowledge of Federal and state law is required
Work closely with all levels of plant management and support functions in matters relative to EHS guidance and compliance
Supervise and manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, and in meeting tight deadlines when dictated by schedules.
Strong communication and organizational skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), web- based applications
Health and safety expertise:
- Behavior based safety
- Chemical hazard communication
- Contractor safety
- Confined space entry
- Electrical safety
- Emergency response planning
- Fall protection
- PSM – Process Safety Management NH3 Refrigeration
- Hazardous energy control - Lock Out Tag Out
- Hearing conservation
- Incident investigation
- Injury reporting and analysis
- Job hazard analysis and risk assessments
- Machine guarding and pre-start equipment assessments
- Personal protective equipment
- Powered industrial vehicles
- Safety Programs and awareness and OSHA Compliance
- Solid and hazardous waste management
- RMP – Risk Management Program NH3 Refrigeration
- Wastewater and storm water management, permitting and controls
- Pollution prevention and resource conservation
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.