GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for the compliance of safety policies and regulations of all governing agencies as well as supporting all operational needs through various unique tasks. This individual is also responsible for the record keeping of accurate documentation pertaining to Safety.
This position is year-round operating in the Monterey County of California and the Yuma County of Arizona. The Safety Coordinator reports directly to the Safety Manager. Work Schedule varies according to operational needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Safety and Risk Director in the development of EHS policies, standards and procedures based on regulatory and internal requirements
- Conduct monthly crew and shop inspections
- Conduct safety tailgate meetings
- Conduct safety trainings
- Maintain accurate Safety documentation
- Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks
- Participate or lead EHS projects to support best industry practices
- Participate in root cause incident investigations
- Participate in job safety analysis
- Assist with management of EHS recordkeeping
- Lead creation and deployment of EHS communications to workforce
- Collaborates with plant leadership relative to light duty opportunities and/or modified work, if available
- Direct accident investigation procedures
- Fill out accident/incident reports
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Safety related field
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Very High Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess valid CA driver’s license and be insurable
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Read, Write & Speak Spanish
- Must be able to relocate to our different processing areas.
- Knowledge of Federal and state law is required
- Work closely with all levels of plant management and support functions in matters relative to EHS guidance and compliance
- Supervise and manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, and in meeting tight deadlines when dictated by schedules.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), web-based applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.