Southwest Logistics Services currently looking for a Broker/Dispatcher to join a dynamic team.
The Broker/Dispatcher will manage the daily operations, including taking orders, building shipments, dispatching trucks, negotiating with freight carriers and fielding customer questions. This person will also be involved in prospecting for new customers, carriers and maintaining good customer and carrier relations. We are looking for a leader with positive energy and a self-starter yet be part of our team and have very strong analytic and problem solving skills.
Seeking Day Dispatcher, Dispatcher for Swing Shift, and Evening Dispatcher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to handle sales calls, emails and type orders
• Review dispatch operations on a daily basis and implement changes as needed
• Generate new business opportunities through prospecting calls
• Effectively and confidently negotiate customer and carrier rates
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers and carriers
• Interpret documents such as freight contracts
• Ensure dispatch operations are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
• Organizes and maintains file system, files correspondence and other records.
• Ensure all customers' files are updated and current
• Assist in gathering data for driver evaluation and productivity
• Take on-call duties on a rotating schedule
• Ability to work under pressure and multitask while maintaining close attention to detail
• Perform special projects as needed.
• Experience in produce shipping or transportation industry preferred
• Strong computer/ Math skills
• Excellent organizational, administrative, problem solving, and analytical abilities
• Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications, including the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate customers and carriers
• Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task and learn and grow
• Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
• Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish
Southwest Logistics offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, benefits and 401(k) with company match in an environment where individual and team growth is encouraged!
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Watsonville, CA
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.