Charlie’s Produce is the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Los Angeles and now BOISE, ID.
The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
General Manager, - Boise Division
Charlie’s newest distribution center in Boise is looking for a fearless leader to manage a successful DC and take it to the next level. This is no small job, our General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation. Luckily our folks are recognized and rewarded for a job well done! This is an incredible opportunity for the right person!
What You Bring:
Without amazing leadership, we fail as a company. Because of this, our General Manager must have an unwavering grasp of our industry, in depth experience developing successful sales programs and leading varying departments towards a shared vision. We’re looking for someone who will lead the staff by example, fostering a strong, cohesive team environment that builds confidence. But that’s not all. Here are a few more of the lofty tasks you will be charged with on a daily basis:
- Responsible for managing financials including; P&L, budgeting, and forecasting to ensure the profitability of the division.
- Manage a sales program by developing the sales reps, identifying prospects, assigning projects, creating and assigning territories, creating goals and analyzing sales reports.
- Give guidance and support to all depts. in the division from operations to sales.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Measure performance to company goals and standards and establish targets for improvements in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee relations.
Where You’ve Been: We’re looking for someone with a minimum of seven years of Sr. Management experience in the wholesale food distribution industry. You’ll have a proven track record building successful teams. You must be an amazing communicator with the ability to inspire. Ideally you will have a BA in Business or equivalent experience.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates can send resume and salary requirements below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.