GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position provides project controls support to all areas of the plant facilities. Assists in identifying, evaluating and selecting the Automation hardware and software necessary to meet current and future production requirements. Assists in managing the controls and automation interface, testing, quality control, data retrieval, and training for all packaging and processing equipment, but not limited too. Determines the effectiveness and maintainability of new automation systems and manages the automation change process for existing equipment. Supports and promotes food safety and quality program indicatives within the plant environment.
- Provide process controls support for production and plant facilities, including refrigeration, chilled water and drain system.
- Assist with the implementation of facility control system standardization and process improvement tasks.
- Support operations with information reporting tools useful in analyzing and interpreting control system data.
- Develop and maintain control system documentation and documentation change control procedures.
- Assist in identifying, evaluating and selecting process controls hardware and software necessary to meet current and future manufacturing requirements.
- Develop and manage controls related capital projects.
- Provide process controls support to Electricians as needed.
- Utilize computerized maintenance databases to support Corrective and Preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Allen-Bradley PLC-5, SLC-500, Micro-Logix and Control-Logix hardware.
- Perform Allen-Bradley PLC programming implementing RSLogix5, RSLogix500 and RSLogix5000 software.
- Perform Allen-Bradley, Power-Flex Series, variable frequency drive programming.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet, Allen-Bradley Remote I/O and communication networks.
- Perform HMI/SCADA system programming, including ignition.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Allen-Bradley Panel-View (or equivalent) operator interface hardware.
- Perform Allen-Bradley Panel-View (or equivalent) operator interface programming.
- Install and maintain servo controllers, transmitters, sensors, Allen Bradley, and KEB.
- Perform computer aided-design and drafting tasks implementing AutoCAD (or equivalent).
- Read electrical schematics, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s)
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting techniques.
- Possess general knowledge of the National Electrical Code (pertinent to industry), a plus.
- Manage and execute the training of team members.
- Ensure employees work in a safe manner, that equipment is properly maintained to operate safely, and that hazards are promptly identified and corrected.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or Master Electricians Certification.
- Two years or more experience in facilities and Maintenance Management Repair within a produce processing plant or related manufacturer.
- Five or more years as an electrician in a produce processing plant.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Able to travel/relocate as required
- English speaking, reading and writing are required. Bi-lingual is a plus but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.