The Account Manager is responsible for customer relationship management and maintaining, growing and acquiring new revenue from an existing base of clientele within their assigned territory. This position may be responsible for various types of accounts to include retail and food service. The Account Manager will be required to achieve a combination of monthly, quarterly and annual quota of new revenue, as well as customer satisfaction and retention targets.
Additionally, the Account Manager will develop sales strategies to attract new customers by qualifying prospects, cold-calling, making focused revenue based sales calls and supporting the overall goals and efforts of the company in generating revenue and growing our customer base.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adhere to company guidelines, policies and standard practices
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Practice good housekeeping by maintaining work area organized, sanitary and clear of safety hazards
- Strictly follow company produce handling procedures
- Assist with new employee training
- Build strong business partnerships and acquire new revenue from an existing customer base
- Liaising between the company and customers for up-to-date condition on pricing and service
- Be knowledgeable and accurate with daily produce prices, availably, product condition, and weekly trends
- Responsible for generating, understanding, and utilizing specific account reports (e.g. weekly trend, detailed sales margin, average order size & new accounts)
- Manage assigned accounts within established company guidelines concerning average order size (AOS), gross margin percentage range, and ensuring assigned accounts remain within agreed upon payment terms
- Collaborate with internal team members on a regular basis to ensure customer retention
- Communicate pertinent sales and market information to Sales Manager, Operations Manager and Inside Sales Representative
- Responsible for accurate administration of assigned customer base
- Ensure customer expectations are satisfied, including timely and successful deliveries according to customer needs
- Collect payment and/or issue credits (cash collected must be counted and verified with customer present)
- Conduct reviews on accounts on regular basis to evaluate clients’ demands and usage of account; determine types of services/products and prices/fees satisfying the clients’ needs as well as the organization’s objectives
- Drive company vehicle while adhering to rules and regulations of the road at all times
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered while in route to supervision
- Prospect, cold call, and make appointments with new leads in designated sales territory
- Manage all aspects of sales process including assessing prospect customer needs, negotiating sales contracts, and closing new accounts
- Complete all administrative duties to include maintaining accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, and closed sales
- Must pass pre-employment background, physical and drug screen
- Must possess valid driver’s license and clear MVR
- 1 year account management and/or outside sales experience
- Produce knowledge a plus – (i.e. fruits & vegetables, organic & conventional)
- Read, write & effectively communicate verbally in English (bilingual a plus)
- Perform basic arithmetic (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and uses basic numerical concepts (e.g., whole numbers, percentages) to complete job tasks
- Basic proficiency with common computer applications such as Outlook email, Word and Excel
- Bilingual a plus-(Spanish/English )
Interested candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule as required by business operations.
Watsonville Coast Produce, Inc. offers a stable and professional working environment with competitive salary, excellent employee benefits consisting of health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave and a 401k plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity and dedication of our staff.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Individual may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their department leader, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all inclusive.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.